How many podcasts are there?
Our research found as of January 2020 there are over 820,000 podcasts and over 28 million episodes.
Check out the rest of the podcast listener statistics, demographics, and facts here:
Awareness in Australia is much higher than the US, but listening is much lower.
Podcast Listening Habits
- Podcast listeners listen to an average of 6 different shows per week
- 78% listen at home
- 30% listen in a car
- 26% listen on public transportation
Podcast Advertising Stats
- 81% of podcast listeners pay attention to podcast ads
- 63% say they sometimes or always ignore TV commercials
- 66% sometimes or always ignore digital ads
- 61% sometimes or always ignore billboards
- 59% sometimes or always ignore radio commercials
- 60% of podcast listeners have bought something from a podcast ad
- 72% of people who have listened to a podcast for four or more years have made a purchase
- 54% are more likely to consider the brand advertised (only 7% are less likely)